Monument Tools - Expansion Vessel pump/valve parts?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi again

Is the Schraeder valve and schrader valve pump from Monumnet Tools any good ? I am thinking it is a good item (s) to have for when re-pressurising an expansion vessel?? Anyone else got these ??

Sponsored Links
what about the schraeder valve fitting/connector? and what size connector do you use?

Footpump, straight on the valve.

But if it has lost air, putting it back it will normally only be a temporary fix. Expect a call from your customer expecting a gratis return visit.

For this reason, we suggest changing them when a significant pressure loss has occurred, or you will go out of business servicing all the free callbacks.

Sponsored Links
Don't rely on the pump gauge for the pressure, it can be miles out.

I use this

Accurate, and the price is not bad.

Footpump, straight on the valve.

But if it has lost air, putting it back it will normally only be a temporary fix. Expect a call from your customer expecting a gratis return visit.

For this reason, we suggest changing them when a significant pressure loss has occurred, or you will go out of business servicing all the free callbacks.

If it has lost air the most common cause is a faulty schraeder valve. I keep a stock of these in the van. Halfrauds or any motor factors keep them in stock. It's easy to check, after repressurising a quick squirt of leako round the valve soon highlights any problems. The only time I've ever had to change vessels is if the diaphragm has gone or the vessel has rotted through.

If there's any doubt just tell the customer that there may be an underlying problem that is not immediately evident and this will cost a lot more to rectify. Most customers will be willing to take the risk rather than spending out on an unnecessary expansion vessel.

Mike

P.S. to check pressures I use a small digital pressure gauge.

Analogue ones have infinite resolution, and the button on the side releases air if you need to drop the pressure. It is more reliable in my experience than digital types.

Fair point but the setting of expansion vessel pressures has never been that a precise science. If it's good enough for my tyre pressures then I am happy to use it for expansion vessels. I do like the idea of releasing the pressure though. Mind you I mainly install nowdays rather than maintenance so I'll not worry too much for the odd time when I need to drop the pressure.

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back