Alpha CB28 Boiler Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

My Alpha CB28 has developed a problem. For both the CH and the DHW the burner starts, heats the water for about 15-20 seconds, and then stops for about 10 seconds, then starts again etc etc. This results in the DHW running hot then cold and the CH only getting luke warm.

The indicator lights show no problems and theres no unusual noises coming from the boiler.

I've searched the forum and found this thread which describes a similar issue.

//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=132917

The plumber that normally services the boiler suggested it could be sludge across the heat exchanger and a power flush might sort. He said it would cost around £400 for him to do it. Is this something thats not too difficult to do myself if I hired the equipment?

Has anyone any other ideas about what the problem could be before i go down the power flush route.

Thanks
Westwok

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me like a blockage in the boiler.

That may or may not need the whole system powerflushing.

But to start off with a £400 job will give him a nice cosy Christmas. Probably plus a bit more when that alone has not solved the problem.

Tony

It would be worth taking the head off the pump for a look insode.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back