baxi 105he flue fan fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to everyone here and thanks in advance for any help or advice.

I have a Baxi 105HE which is displaying a flue / fan fault. The boiler is less than 3 years old and I have read previous posts regarding replacing the PCB 248074 for the upgraded new one 5112380, however when I've looked in the user manual it says that I already have 5112380.

Do these boards have a habbit of going? Is there anything else that might be causing this problem or is it just a case of replacing 5112380.

Thanks again for any help or advice

Sponsored Links
This may sound a bit silly, but why jump to the conclusion of a faulty board?

Why not get someone in to check the fan/aps first :confused:

If its the fan/flue fault light on why are you thinking its the board at fault.
As its the fan/venturi and air pressure switch that would need checking

I was thinking of the board because of what I have read in a couple of previous posts. It seemed to suggest that it was a common theme with this boiler.

Can I ask what would you suggest could be the problem, could the boiler just require a service?

I am a complete novice so please excuse my ignorance.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I think the giveaway is 2 of us have mentioned fan and air pressure switch , That would be a good place for someone to start .
Suggest you get someone in BG are doing fixed price repair including parts for £123

Hi,

I spoke to the guy that fitted the system and he said that it was probably the venturi. He came and gave the boiler a clean and everything seemed fine however later the same night while having a show the flue / fan fault happened again and the boiler cut off.

I contacted the fitter again and he spoke to the manufacturer who said that if the venturi was fine then it was probably the circuit board. He fitted a new board but now while the water temperature seems fine the system took quite a while to fire up the heating and I had to run the water tap before the system decided to keep the heating on. However now the heating sticks at 50 degrees and gets no hotter.

Can anyone please help

Thank you for any advice you can give.

First thing that surprises me is why would the manufacturers disregard there own fault finding charts and jump from venturi to board disregarding the APS.
Secondly why has the guy fitted a board and left it clearly not working

But if heat is only going half way check you have full movement on the stat knobs and they are not just moving half way ,which is quite common when someone fits the board wrong

Hi,

As everyone seemed to suggest a new board didn't fix the problem, luckly I haven't paid for it because I said I wanted to be sure that it had fixed the fault.

Can I ask does anyone know what part number the APS would be and what sort of price I would be looking at.

Thanks yet again for any help.

Local PTS or Partscenter just tell them what boiler and they will bring part number up, cost me a tenner so should not cost you more than 20.
Or look at www.partarena.com/baxi part number is on there

First thing that surprises me is why would the manufacturers disregard there own fault finding charts and jump from venturi to board disregarding the APS.

It is Baxi tech we are talking about namsag :rolleyes: :LOL:

Might be aps......or it might be seals on burn chamber letting by and heat building up in fan chamber causing overheat, usually happens around 20-30 mins into using from cold.....get the burner chamber seals checked and if needed replaced......note your now into the realm of RGI's so get an expert in

Might be aps......or it might be seals on burn chamber letting by and heat building up in fan chamber causing overheat, usually happens around 20-30 mins into using from cold.....get the burner chamber seals checked and if needed replaced......note your now into the realm of RGI's so get an expert in

Are you new to Heateam. :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back