Hole in plastic soil stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hole caused by a cowboy builder screwing skirting board into the soil stack! :rolleyes:

It is a tiny hole about 2.5mm, what is the best way to plug it?

I am thinking solvent weld a small offcut say about 10mm square.

Sponsored Links
If its just a tiny hole how about adralite...it'll be stronger than solvent weld offcuts.

Vinny

get a little bit of card, a bit bigger than the whole. make a hole in it and push a length of knotted strig through it. hold onto the string , fold the car and push it in the hole. then use the strig to pull the card back against the pipe. then you can dot on a bit of superglue to hold the card in place whilst you build up your aradite over the hole.

:cool:

Sponsored Links
get a little bit of card, a bit bigger than the whole. make a hole in it and push a length of knotted strig through it. hold onto the string , fold the car and push it in the hole. then use the strig to pull the card back against the pipe. then you can dot on a bit of superglue to hold the card in place whilst you build up your aradite over the hole.

:cool:
Quite a difficult task I would say especially on a 2.5mm hole :LOL:

Never heard of adralite so try some araldite or silicone or Solvent cement and a tiny square of pipe but make sure the thing is dry and clean. Remember the rules of adhesion as found on adhesive containers

Solvent weld literally melts the plastic and fuses it as it sets. You could probably seal such a small hole with with solvent weld alone, but I would still stick a patch over it.

Quite a difficult task I would say especially on a 2.5mm hole :LOL:

Never heard of adralite so try some araldite or silicone or Solvent cement and a tiny square of pipe but make sure the thing is dry and clean. Remember the rules of adhesion as found on adhesive containers

i read it as 2.5 CM :LOL:

definitely agree, i wouldn't use adralite either, sounds like a copy of a well known brand ;)

Just screw a short screw into it! (With a smear of sealer if you feel it needs it)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back