Help needed with thermostatic mixer shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

This is my first post and I'm just after a bit of advice with a shower we have. Any help would be much appreciated . . hope the photos come out ok!
We fit the mixer onto the cold feed, and before tiling it in we checked the water temperature and it was getting really hot, sometimes scolding so we thought the shower would work fine.
Since we've fit it in and tried the shower out the temperature will only get to luke warm. I looked online for help and saw a few articles advising to take the spindle off and try it in different positions. I did this but it doesn't seem to make any difference. I've also tried different sized shower heads to see if that helps but again it makes no difference.

This is the mixer shower we have ( No idea of the make, model etc and it was bought 2nd hand)

This is the therm control on the right hand side ( This is as far as the research I've done already has got me)

I've tried taking the black part off and trying it in different positions along the coil but none of them seem to make the shower warmer

This is the boiler we have, and the bar pressure is set to 1.5

When I touch the back of the mixer, looking from this photo:

The back of the middle of the mixer is burning hot. The left hand side of the metal is hot and the right hand side is cold.

Hope this means something to someone and you could give me some advice.

Thanks in advance [/img]

Sponsored Links
sounds like a cartridge issue if you have the inlet pipe red hot and its onl getting warm from shower head sounds like cartridge is stuck.

sounds like a cartridge issue if you have the inlet pipe red hot and its onl getting warm from shower head sounds like cartridge is stuck.

Great thanks, that sounds like a start. Would you be able to tell me where the cartridge is, if it's easy to replace and worth it moneywise? I've seen another full unit at Screwfix for £80.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Would anyone be able to tell me what the cartridge is and where to buy from as mentioned in earlier post? Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back