ford focus fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi anyone with any ideas to why my ford focus occasional feels like is going to stall when i slow down at traffic lights or junctions its doing my head in it only happens when i fill up with petrol or when i havent used it for a few hours it dosent do it all the time.

Sponsored Links
One thing to check would be the IAC (idle air control) valve isn't sticking - it is usually mounted somewhere near the air intake valve on the inlet manifold.

What model engine?, my ford doesn't have a MAF sensor - just relies on throttle position sensor.
The IAC another part, if it starts sticking it can cause tickover probs. Also air leaks on the manifold can.

Sponsored Links
hi its a 1.8LX just put some redex in fuel and down the carbareter to see if this solves it ,someone suggested it could be the fuel filter as the engine is a bit shakey when cold it seems to be ok when had a run if need it changeing does anyone now where abouts, it is,

hi from your last reply only hope my freind new what he was doing he took of the pipe to the air flow where you rev it and poured it down there its still going .

If they have poured it into the air intake then I doubt it would do it any good.
If it indeed does have a MAF sensor then it is definately not a good idea!
Like I said originally - I'd start by looking at the IAC valve and take it from there.

Sponsored Links
Back