water on inside of my windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys, new too this.

Can anyone help, when i get in my car in the morning{ renault clio} there is water on the insides of my windows and my sun roof.. it drips and is causeing damage and is a pain to clear away. any ideas??

Thanks tim

Sponsored Links
Good chance it is condesation, is the carpets wet? do you drive around with the windows open during wet or damp weather? all this could be bringing moisture into the car. When driving with the heater on this moisture will be airborn and when you leave it over night the car will cool and condesation will occur. You may have even a leak into the car from road spray which could be another way of introducing water into the car, if so this problem would have to be resolved and then try to dry out the car. All the best.

Sponsored Links
Either a leak, or a drain channel is blocked. If the car has air conditioning then the drain pipe from the cooler matrix (the cooler collects water from the air as ice, it is then melted and discharged under the car). Check under the wiper area for leaves, or turn the ignition on and run the blower full blast without the engine running (so you can hear where it is located/ feel the air) - check around the air intake; can water get in?

Feel for wet carpets; wet on both sides? Poke a cocktail stick into them; the water might be quite under-the-surface. Is it wet only on one side? Do you have a sweat soaked gym kit and towel in the boot?

If you dare (it won't kill ya) taste the water - is it sweet? Might contain antifreeze. If it's just normal water, i'd either say it's rain or condensation from the a/c

Back