Varying flowrate .... Worcester 24CDi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently dealing with a Worcester 24CDi, which seems to have hot water flow rate varying anything from 6L/min to 11L/min.....

Even with the hot water at its' worse, I'm getting 16L/min from the cold main....

I'm thinking it could be a strange mechanical fault with the diverter...... though am reluctant to assume, as I've never ever come across one producing this type of fault on this model....

Has anyone else had experience of this??

Thanks in advance...

Sponsored Links
is the inlet filter clean?

I haven't got as far as removing the diverter to inspect it and check the inlet filter yet..

My main concern is that the flow rate seems to be varying so much ......

HI

to solve a problem you need to look into.
1.check connection at the cold inlet at the boiler
2.dhw HE blocked

Sponsored Links
HI

to solve a problem you need to look into.
1.check connection at the cold inlet at the boiler
2.dhw HE blocked

It is a hard water area, so both of these will be checked ...... it still seems a mystery why there is such a large (and abnormal) variation

what is the standing pressure?
there is a little gauze filter on the inlet side of the filling loop which is worth cleaning.
i take it your varying flowrate is with the bathtap full open?

what is the standing pressure?
there is a little gauze filter on the inlet side of the filling loop which is worth cleaning.
i take it your varying flowrate is with the bathtap full open?
Thanks for replies so far :)

Yes, the flow rate seems to vary at different times during the day, I have checked it with the bath tap fully open.

I originally put the problem down to water board doing work in the area, however, this has now been completed.....

I have been unable to test the pressure, but I can say that I was getting 16L/min cold, at the same time the hot was only giving 6L/min. (Seems a large difference).

I've even witnessed the flowrate change within a few minutes....

I remember there being a gauze filter on the cold inlet to the diverter on these models (just after the cold isolation valve), is there another on the 24CDi??

[I remember there being a gauze filter on the cold inlet to the diverter on these models (just after the cold isolation valve), is there another on the 24CDi??

not that i know of. i would take the end of the diaphragm housing off and check the filter and PHE as it will be off anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back