Lukewarm water for the bath, all other taps hot...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

There are many similar posts to my problem but none seem to be identical nor do the answers seem to apply to me so here goes...

I've a Heatline C24/28 Combi-boiler (fitted in May 07) in my flat, I get perfect hot water in the kitchen (where the boiler is situated) and in the bathroom sink but only lukewarm (at best) water from the bath taps.

I've touched the HW outlet pipe for all cases, and the temp of the pipe is significantly cooler when the bath taps are on compared to the kitchen and bath sink.

What's stopping the boiler from heating the water for the bath to the same temp as the kitchen or bath sink? I'm puzzled as it's all off the same feed...?

Let me know if you need any more details - thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
Hmmm, I wonder how many are going to say its likely the diaphragm in the diverter valve?

The most likely thing that can cause the temperature to change is a change in flow rate through the boiler.
Are the kitchen and bath sink taps just more restrictive?

Try running the bath tap more slowly and the water temperature will rise.

Sponsored Links
is this similar to your tap

Viscount_Bath_Mixer_jpeg.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back