Ventilation for a back boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
A question regarding back boilers.
My brother in law has central heating supplied by a back boiler and at the opposite side of the room he has a vent in the wall which is the size of a brick.
He has been told that the vent is incorrect and that he will have to have it changed before the next service.
As he has asked me to change it for him can anyone give me some information as to what type of vent he needs to comply with the current regulations.

Thanks in advance
Paul

Sponsored Links
you can use a white one or abrown one. hopefully it will have some holes in it. you may need to put it on the wall too.

kthxbai

the reply you got was because you gave nowhere near enough info, tell us make and model of fire and boiler, the vent size will be somewhere between 60-100 cm2 and once you know exact size you can choose a suitable model either through the wall or in the window

yeah, my transducer coil on my crystal ball burtn out this morning. well ****ed of as it will cost me at least 40,000,000 graots to replace and they cant get me a new one until the next blue moon. :confused:

what we need is the kw ratiing of the boiler. has he go the book for it?

Sponsored Links
yeah, my transducer coil on my crystal ball burtn out this morning. well p****d of as it will cost me at least 40,000,000 graots to replace and they cant get me a new one until the next blue moon. :confused:

You could have said in the first post without the sarcasm we are not all experts in other peoples fields, that is why this forum exists, to try to help people out.

I had the same issue with my Baxi Bermuda Back Boiler - google for a 100CM Stadium Vent, this will meet the current regulations.

If range rated take the highest heat input

heres an eg back boiler 18kw gross
fire 7 kw gross

add then together 25 kw gross

divide to get net 25 divide 1.1 =22.72 kw net
take off 7 for adv air =15.72 kw net
x by 5 = 78.63 cm 2 vent is required

no point putting larger vent if not required

Lightning not strictly true MI will sometimes give a figure that is req Baxi do and it doesn`t match up to calcs

yeah, my transducer coil on my crystal ball burtn out this morning. well p****d of as it will cost me at least 40,000,000 graots to replace and they cant get me a new one until the next blue moon. :confused:

You could have said in the first post without the sarcasm we are not all experts in other peoples fields, that is why this forum exists, to try to help people out.

You may not be an expert, but even a non-expert should be able to work out exactly when to read: "read this before you post" at the top of the forum

Thanks for the sensible and informative replies guys I'll leave this thread before the other Rsoles take over.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back