Correct fixings for partition wall with lats

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am in the middle of a bathroom fit and I am almost ready to install the shower screen which is quite heavy. I have not tiled yet as I sometimes put the fixings in prior to tiling.

Now, the wall is quite soft when drilled into and the property is pre war and has lats in some walls. Plaster board fixings and don't appear to be suitable, so what is my best option? What will resin achieve for me?

Will the tiles themselves when fully dried hold the screen?

Thanks

Sam

Sponsored Links
for something heavy the only option is finding the studs (vertical timbers that form the wall). exploratory drilling will be necessary, be careful for pipes and wires .

if you need a fixing in between them then fix a piece of wood or plywood there - break out the plaster and laths in that area if you need a flush fixing.

i don't see resin achieving anything, and definitely don't rely on the tiles to give any kind of anchorage.

for lightweight items i find plasterboard fixings with either the coarse screw thread or the spring toggle types work ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back