Baxi 105 HE Boiler Timer Question.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, utter newbie and total non-DIY-er having major panic attack here;

I came home from work and found that the house is too hot, so I turned the thermostat down a bit, went upstairs to turn the heating off a bit.
I realised that at some point I had flicked all the little teeth on the timer out instead of in for the afternoon, so it looks like it had been on all afternoon.
Anyway, I flicked all but a few back in and tried it to see if it would flick back on, and it looks like it won't. I've turned the dial to reset the whole thing, tried turning it on/off/etc and I can't find the user guide thing anywhere.
The hot water comes on no worries, but the heating isn't seeming to come on.

Now, my question may be completely stupid, but the timer dial, there are three settings, yeah?

baxi-24-hour-mechanical-time-kit.jpg

This is the setting thing here, and mine is set the same. Is this ON, OFF or CONSTANT.

I'm terrified I've b*****ed up my central heating, because I just can't remember which setting it is supposed to be on.

ANY HELP, no matter how basic would be very welcome.
I can't afford any servicing/repairs, and I'm all-a-panic...! lol, sorry.

EDIT: I've tried the dial in all positions and it doesn't seem to come on. Now I'm getting very worried.

EDIT: I've turned the thermostat up and the heating has come back on, so I figure the house was simply too hot for the heating to trigger on.
Fingers crossed things will return to normal, including my blood pressure.

Thank you, anyway.

Sponsored Links
With the little switch down that is off in the middle(as picture) is timed and up top is constant.
The little teeth need to be pushed out for an on peroid and after messing with it spin it so time of day is next to the arrow

Sponsored Links
Thank you both for the replies.
I kind of knew it but just needed it confirming.

I've turned my thermostat back up and the heating has come back on too, so I am very relieved.

I've booked a service with my plumber for January, just for him to look it all over.

Once again, thanks and Happy New Year

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back