Worcester 24CDi Problem - any advice please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good Morning

Worcester 24CDi which up until yesterday has presented no problems! Both the Central Heating and Hot Water supply are both not working.

At first I suspected it was a water pressure problem - the pressure had dropped to 0.5 and after a bit of research, found out how to refill the boiler using a key and the Grey Knob - is now holding steady at 1.5 - which seems to be the recommended level.

However, I am still having no joy. When I switch on I get the following info...

The Red Light beside the Heating dial goes Red Immediately and stays on.

The Red Light by the Water Heating comes on after around 10 - 15 seconds but flashes very quickly and constantly.

The light indicator (flame symbol) does not come on at all - even when the Hot Water Tap is turned on to stimulate the boiler into action.

There is a small red button that I have assume is a reset button - pressing and holding this has no effect - is there a procesdure for doing this though?

I don't have a manual, so can anyone advise me further before calling in the Cavalry?

As you may have guessed, I am not an expert, but can follow instructions!

Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Time to call in the cavalry. According to the manual and the info you've given the fault is either APS, fan or PCB so you'll need to call in a registered installer to carry out a few tests to ascertain which component has failed.

When you call them let them know you don't have a manual so that they can obtain one.

Mike

the fast flashing can only normally reset if you turn the mains power to the boiler off, and then back on again.

have you tried doing this?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back