ignition lockout baxi solo 30he

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been having intermittent ignition lockout on baxi solo 30 he.It started 6 months ago once or twice every few days.It then didnt fail for 3 months but is now doing it up to 3 times a day but not every day.Have cleaned condensate trap .I am worried an engineer would come and change something that would fire up ok but fail again in a day or two .Any ideas on what it might be or what it definitely cant be because somedays its ok.

Sponsored Links
these boilers sometimes have problems with the ignition not sparking on burner but earthing on the combustion chamber. can have a crack on the ceramic part of ignition electrode.

thanks for reply tom .Would this crack cause such a hit and miss problem or would it be more constant? Up the rams!

Sponsored Links
more constant if cracked, like a hair line crack. i think baxi came up with a part that supposed to stop it because it happens so much. you should try there technical help desk, if that is the problem they may sort it for you. the number should be in your manual or go on there web site.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back