potterton combi lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im havin major problems with my potterton combi...

1/ If i have my boiler switched on the c/heating starts automatically when it definitly shouldnt as the boiler and CH have seperate switches and should work independently. So I leave it running anyway and its quite noisy (flushing noises) like pressure building up and then after about 10mins or so it locks out, leaving me to constantly reset it all the time

2/ Also have noticed when i need to run the hot water and when i switch the hot water tap off, there is loud banging coming from the pipes and hammering sounds from the boiler too..it really does get loud and i think the automatic pressure release valve must kick in cause a loud hissing eventually occurs (as if releasing of pressure) and it eventually locks itself out, altho recenlty i havent allowed it to run its course to lockout mode in that situation as the noise does get really loud and im worried it could be doing the boiler damage so i switch boiler off and the noise stops

Can anyone tell me what could be causing these problems and if they are related?

Cheers

Alan

Sponsored Links
I see you're up early kev, but why tell us your fantasies - a model indeed :oops:

Yes Treks its a standard Potty fault and won't cost an arm or leg. If you search on "flow switch" you'll find plenty.

thanks a lot for that info that helps me a lot :D

just one more question....I dont have much knowledge of CH systems (as you might have guessed), is this a job I could attempt quite easily or would I have to get a CH engineer out?

cheers :)

ok thanks, my old man is electrically inclined, i will ask him if he can have a look at it for me...cheers...if it means saving cash in the run up2 xmas then im defo up 4 that.

Sponsored Links

please start a new thread

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back