Lintel advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I am about to build a single block double garage, the door supplier requires a flat rear surface for the door to fit against, it is 10ft wide opening.

What is the best lintel and size of lintel to use please, considering it must be the same thickness as the blocks....there will be no more than 2 courses above it and it is a sloping front to back roof of box profile sheets, so no real weight to add
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thank you for replying, a class C..sorry for my ignorance, is that a standard concrete lintel ?

If you are building a single block garage with a 10ft opening,then i suggest you build piers at the sides of the opening,i.e making it 215mm wide instead of 100mm,this will give the edges strength,the easiest way to do it would be to lay the blocks flat on edge,wnd tie them into the wall.
As for the lintol,you would need one that supports a solid wall, eg 215mm wide,you can ask for one that will tkae blocks on both sides so you get away from the box section on the back,any builders merchants will advise you
hope this helps

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that information, it tends to agree with what I have been looking at.
Much appreciated

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back