How do I remove a gooseneck?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently had a leak from the roof right where one of the goosenecks are located and wanted to inspect the condition of the seal underneath it. this is a flat roof btw.

Sponsored Links
yup there is a ceiling below it and it's only accessible from the roof.

If by down pipe you mean drain its not backing up, but if u mean the opening for the ventilation thats protected by the gooseneck then yes its very possible that happened. I just wanted to know how to remove it so I could inspect it to make sure everything was ok before repairing the drywall. Thanks for the help so far.

Sponsored Links
its only accessible from the roof side but theres a crack in the drywall from the water leak that has to be repaired.

access in this case would tend towards the side which provides the easiest access or that which will cause the least disruption and cost the least to repair.

if the ceiling is already damaged and would require partial removal then i would access the swan neck here. unless of course your home is expensively/expansively furnished?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back