RIBA architects fees for new build

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI , I am in the process of meeting RIBA architects to apply for planning for a new 2,500 sq feet build. 3 architects are around the £2,500 mark and the one I like is quoting £4 - £5,000. Is this very expensive . I am soley after drawings and planning process not a managed service and the last quote does not include management .
THe area is north nottinghamshire village . Can you advise please. Thanks. :?:

Sponsored Links
You are looking at no more than £500 including the planning fee to have typical "planning" plans drawn.

So the issue is, what added value does an Architect contribute?

Architects are only useful if you want some sort of arty design, or if the site and proposal is contentious and the particular practice has some influence.

It's intresting to note that in all but the smallest practice, the actual drawing is most likely done by some low paid technician after the main Architect has secured the appointment

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back