Bosch WFL2260 Wash Machine Brush Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe you can get a bit more life out of the old brushes!

Our Maxx WFL2260 drum stopped working, but the electronics board seemed to be clicking when the motor should have operated. To get at the motor brushes, I (first disconnected mains/turned taps off etc) took the back panel off (one star type screw holds this) and wound the drive belt off the drive ring and the detached it from the motor (this can be removed completely). Then (after emptying the hoses and drain pipe) put the machine on its back (Bosch might complain but without a service manual available to the public ...) and then unscrewed the two bolts holding the motor on. There is a plastic cover held in place with a cable tie on the connector side of the motor, this needs the tie to be snipped to remove. THen the motor plug and earth lead can be removed and the motor taken to a work bench.

Removing the brushes is easy- slide the connectors off and unclip the brass connector, and the assembly will pull out. I noticed that one brush was sticky. The carbon deposits around the brush holder were cleaned out, the brush lightly sanded to make it slide easily and refitted. Returning the motor to the WM in reverse order took a couple of hours.

What seems to have happened is that the brushes became jammed from debris, stopping them making contact with the motor.

Cost of repair - £0.0!

But will need new brushes soon anyway ...

Sponsored Links
Followed the first part and got the machine on its back. I can't see the bolts for the motor, there are several parts that could be fixings - I can't identify what I should do next, what I unscrew - any ideas please?

at the back of the mc remove panel 1 screw ,then u will see the belt motor is at the bottom 3 bolts hold it on remove bolts slide motor off ,one block of wires just pulls off and your in

hello phil

there are only 2 bolts to undo on my motor. THey screw in from one end - you should be able to see them either at the back or front of the motor depending on which way you are looking at it.

TC

Sponsored Links
Don't remove the motor!

YOu just need to remove the plastice splash protector; unplug the earth connector.

Then unclip the little black wire on the end of the copper clip. The brush then pulls out easily.

It is a spring with a carbon block on the end.

(your machine is emptied of water and upsidedown)

The right hand bush is sligthly trickier as you are slightly blinded as it sits slightly out of view.

It is really easy to do I have just done it...bushes cost me £32.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back