Re tile around upvc window

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Need some advice. 18 months ago had new upvc windows installed, now need to update bathroom; new suite and re tile. My husband informs me that our new window unit is sat on the old tiles around the window sill, which I want replacing. He is adament that the old tiles cannot be removed without interferring with the window. Please could someone advise me on how to 1. replace the tiles and 2. cover with new tiles. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Hi. Need some advice. 18 months ago had new upvc windows installed, now need to update bathroom; new suite and re tile. My husband informs me that our new window unit is sat on the old tiles around the window sill, which I want replacing.
Might be easier for you to tile it over the ex-tiles. Just done one the other day, instead of tiles they wanted white upvc fascia board all round the box section of the frame so they could clean it easier, seems to make the window proud and bigger!

There's no reason why you cannot remove the tiles carefully ;)

Sponsored Links
i cant believe a decent window fitter would fit a window on top of tiles, are you sure its not just the pvc edging strips that is on there?

you could leave the tiles on the cill and tile over them, but make sure you score the tiles underneath and allow plenty of time before grouting.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back