dripping noise but no water !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive got a baxi 105e everytime the flame cuts out you can hear a sound like water dripping but there isnt any water dripping from the boiler . Is this just the metal cooling down or should i phone a boiler guy ?

Sponsored Links
Yes, could be some waer leaking and dripping in the HE onto the burner perhaps.

Can you hear any hissing along with the dripping sound?

no no hissing at all just a dripping sound just after flame finishes, but no water found yet

just a thought wouldn't the pressure gague be going down if i had a leak ?

Sponsored Links
Its easy to findout if its dripping , turn off gas and electric , take off the front cover then open the combustion chamber front . If theres water in there its leaking!

Its easy to findout if its dripping , turn off gas and electric , take off the front cover then open the combustion chamber front . If theres water in there its leaking!

Not a good idea if you don't know what you are doing!!!

(And illegal to boot)

I didnt say it was a good idea (calling a gas man would be a good idea ) , i just said thats how you could find out . is it illegal if its your own house

I just looked at the baxi105 plan , i think if you had a leak you would see water ! must be just the metal cooling down

ive changed a pcb , and a hot water sensor before , but i think ur right i dont know anything about gas so i shouldnt touch it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back