Seal Gap in Flat Felt Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a gap in my garage roof (flat felt) at the very corner where the felt has been bent over to form the right angled edge. The gap is about 30cm long and up to 2cm wide in places. It is directly over the corner of the garage and although water isn't getting inside it's soaking the brickwork (and timber joist) each time it rains.

Are there any sealant products I can use to fill a gap that size, in slightly damp conditions? I could cover the gap up for a while before sealing it, but it won't be dry until the weather picks up.

I'll post a picture tomorrow showing the gap and brickwork.

Sponsored Links
I would cut a patch of roofing felt, slightly smaller than the gap, then coat the whole area with the stuff I've got in a tin at home. (I'll post the brand of it tomorrow when I get back :oops:)

Just warm it up with a blowtorch, and press it back into position.

Not the greatest picture and the crack seems more like 1cm at its widest point now I look at it again. Maybe that's small enough to fill with some kind of sealant directly?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back