wanted powerful boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We wanted a powerful boiler. End up with HeatLine Sargon 35. Is it normal to consume 1 cubic metre of gas per hour? Plus it makes horrible noises when lights up, shakes my bathroom floor above.
I wish we were smarter to pay more to take a Vaillant.
Any help?

Sponsored Links
We wanted a powerful boiler. End up with HeatLine Sargon 35. Is it normal to consume 1 cubic metre of gas per hour?

Yes, it's normal. In fact there are about 11kWh in a cubic metre of gas, so at full belt your boiler will use around 3 cubic metres per hour. Exact figures will be in the manual.

We wanted a powerful boiler. End up with HeatLine Sargon 35. Is it normal to consume 1 cubic metre of gas per hour? Plus it makes horrible noises when lights up, shakes my bathroom floor above.
I wish we were smarter to pay more to take a Vaillant.
Any help?

This looks like and installation problem rather than the make of the boiler. Heatlines are fine as many on this forum will testify. A poorly fitted Vailant will probably do the same.

Sponsored Links
I don't know these Heatlines, but as all boilers of the same input/output will consume the same amount of gas (not meaning the efficiency of how they do it) I would expect that in the MI's for your boiler it will state in the technical specifications that this boiler will (can) consume at max power around 3.7-4.0 m3 gas/hr.

This, obviously, is only if it burnt for 1 hour continuously, which no boiler would, due to thermostats etc. So your 1m3 is not outlandish.

The noise however is a problem that should be sorted.

Any more accurate description of this noise and when it produces it exactly?

i have 2 heat lines (one in a rented property and one in my house) I must say i am very happy with them. I have had two problems tho, but both caused by a dirty system so basically a poor install that heat line repaired FREE of charge! I removed a valiant from my rented property and a gloworm from my own.

the heatline is whisper quiet, my heating bill has gone down and i get far better heat and hotter water at 2 bar flow out the tap than i did with the old boiler.

It did use to start with a bang after a gas meter was changed. This was fixed by setting the gas pressure properly which was also done FREE of charge by heatline!

Best customer service i have ever come across.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back