glowworm 15hx error code f1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Hope anyone can provide some advise on my boiler.

Today it deceided to play up again and display an F1 error. It tries to light for about 10 seconds, before giving up. You can hear a loud roaring and what sounds lime water droplets inside it, as it's trying to start.

We had a pump replacement put on it, a few days ago as a f22 was displaying. All seemed well until today, where we have the f1 error now coming up.

Any suggestions on what this most likely to be, and how I can fix it, would be great?

cheers
leigh

Sponsored Links
possible blocked/frozen condensate pipe. Check you have credit if quantum meter and check white plastic pipe from boiler isn't frozen/blocked.

possible blocked/frozen condensate pipe. Check you have credit if quantum meter and check white plastic pipe from boiler isn't frozen/blocked.

HI DM,

I don't have a quantum meter with a credit payment system.

The pipe outside maybe blocked. There is plenty of frost on the front, where the pipe is. It is lagged up from start to end though? Anyway to check inside the pipe without taking it apart?

Any other suggestions?

thanks
Leigh

put towels/a bucket underneath the boiler an on the left hand side pull off the grey flexible pipe that connects onto the plastic one. (looks abit like washing machine waste pipe), when its off if the pipe is blocked externally you will get some water out (about a litre).

Sponsored Links
Isn't F1 ignition failure?

The few I have come across have always been the board on these. Not too reliable so I am informed by my local rep.

He actually carries a couple to give out under warranty so I am told.

The few I have come across have always been the board on these. Not too reliable so I am informed by my local rep.

F1 is ignition failure but a blocked condensate can cause this. PCB's are rarely the cause of F1 most often it is the (dodgy) spark electrode or the zig ignitor (spark transformer).

F1 is ignition failure but a blocked condensate can cause this. PCB's are rarely the cause of F1 most often it is the (dodgy) spark electrode or the zig ignitor (spark transformer).

Thanks chaps. I'm getting a ramdom f43 now and again between reset's? Seen two so far.

F1 still remains as the most persistent.

f43 is a generic error. The new pcb's give you a more specific diagnosis. Call glow worm out under warranty.

f43 is a generic error. The new pcb's give you a more specific diagnosis. Call glow worm out under warranty.

That's the amusing part. My boiler is within its second year. They want £130, becuase labour is not covererd in the 2nd year.

That's the amusing part. My boiler is within its second year. They want £130, becuase labour is not covererd in the 2nd year.

Thats the terms I'm afraid. :(

Sounds like you need a new pcb and spark electrode cost of which exceeds £130. Lesser of two evils.

Thats why Glow Worms were cheaper to have installed. Your installer should have made this clear to you.

The other option would have been to use an installer like myself who could offer 3 or more years FULL warranty from Glow Worm on their products. But then no doubt I would have been slightly more expensive than those who did/could not offer this.

Get onto your installer and see if he can get the parts off Glow Worm, then he may fit them free for you.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but one can use it to make better decisions in the future ;)

Cheers Dave. Is your service up on a website somewhere to read?

We have a british gas policy, but there not coming out until Tuesday! Then I am sure I will have to wait another week just for them to get the parts.

thanks all the help!

In my profile.

Still think your installer would be the first port of call.

Can't see why you have a BG contract on a new boiler. I would always advise my customers to cancel any contract whilst their new boiler is under the manufacturers/my warranty ;)

Hey Dave,

Well we got a BG contract because glow worm would not come out to service it, whilst within warrenty! We needed a policy to cover everything else outside the boiler as well. Pump was a good example.

Glow worm only come out to do a service within there extended warrenty. Typically mine does not start until the 17th. If had it had died after this date, I would not have to pay a manual labour fee! No easy win here!

I'm even more confused now :eek:

Why did your installer not return after 12 months to service it?

All my customers get an annual reminder from me that a service is due. May be a few weeks late sometimes because I'm busy, but it usually gets there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back