Myson Marathon

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved house and was going to put a new condensing combi in but after looking at the existing freestsnding boiler it looks pretty new and would be a waste of good money every thing is working fine.The boiler is a "Myson Marathon,"I can not find any reference on the web not saying there is not,just I can not find it.I have been left no paperwork but guess from its condition it is about 4years.CAN ANY ONE GIVE ANY ENLIGHTENMENT ON THIS BOILER.I await a money saving reply.Thank you

Sponsored Links
Open the door and look around the boiler for a little silver tag with a serial number on it. Also attached will be a smaller tag with a 4 digit number, year and week of manufacture. My guess is 8614.

The number on a silver tag on the boiler is 9104 so I guess it is 4year old.Thanks for that information I think you have just saved me £2k thanks

91 will be the year, not 04. A new one in 'Marathon' terms then.

These are ancient and I would recommend you go back to your original plans to replace it ASAP

Sponsored Links
You can get upwards of £ 2000 on the antiques roadshow for these boilers...... but you'll have to carry it in by yourself!!!!! :)

why change it if its in good condition? the marathon is a good reliable boiler and i believe most parts will be available bar the heat exchanger. save yourself some money and leave it in until its absolutely necessary to change.

why change it if its in good condition? the marathon is a good reliable boiler and i believe most parts will be available bar the heat exchanger. save yourself some money and leave it in until its absolutely necessary to change.

I saw my last one on christas eve. A nice Worcester was in by 6 pm. (I got at the house to powerflush at 5.30 am with a fellow engineer).

All Upgrades done.

I love old boilers.... not this one

why? what ever goes wrong with a marathon?

I had the gas board in to service the marathon this morning they have canceled my service agreement and will refund all payments since I moved house.and needless to say condemned my installation on about 6 points.decision made for me I think.The cost of putting things right buying a shower pump and having a drafty kitchen at the end of it .I think I have no sensible choice but to change the lot.I have been recomended to get a bosch condensing combi.any comments onthat? Anyone near TS11 prepared to take the job on? (that does not charge the same as a solicitor)

flue and vent im guessing. unlucky mate :LOL:

so the timings **** poor but really its for the best. the wb boilers are a great choice and without flues and vents the house will be a little warmer. as youve only just moved to the property this will help you not make the mistake of redecorating and then not have the cash for the essentials.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back