Small cracks in ceiling ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is my first post, the artex ceiling has fallen off with a bit of help from a scrapper in a 1950's built house, and has left a few small cracks in the plaster .... will Polycell Crack free Ceiling Paint cover up the small cracks and has anyone used it on walls ???

Sponsored Links
Hi Red, I've never used this product so I can't say,, but it's often much better to fill the cracks with a "fine" filler, sand them down and paint. They come out with these new fangled products,, charge a fortune for them,,,, when a little filler and a couple of coats of emulsion does exactly the same job,,,, that's my opinion,,,, rant over. ;)

Roughcaster.

Dont mind the rant...we all have our victor meldrew moments....just trying to save myself time and get a good finish...

Thanks ....

Sponsored Links
I tried the crack free stuff on a load of ceilings in one house which had a history of cracking, I filled the cracks, screwed where I thought it might help, But went there last month (8yrs later) and saw that the crack free film had 'shrivelled' making a hairline crack stand out worse than if I had just filled and emulsioned over as normal. Getting rid of the shrivelled paint was a nightmare.. flling /sanding..crying and swearing

This was on smooth ceilings tho..
:evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back