Door T hinges that need hooks to hang them from

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I picked up a pair of wood/glass summerhouse doors which have wonderful T Hinges already attached. I need Hooks to hang them but all I have found online are big gate hinge hooks. The diameter of the hook only need be 100mm.

If anyone has suggestions where to source small door hing hooks I would be grateful..

Thnaks

Sponsored Links
Usually a small old, if still in existence in your area ironmongers, you would be surprised at what they still have under 2" of dust. you could also try looking up cordons hardware, i think they are in nottingham now. they used to have shed loads of all sorts.

I'm curious to know why a normal T-hinge would need a hook of any kind; also why the hook would have a diameter of 100mm (nearly four inches).

Perhaps you could post a picture.

Errrrr good point.....

The T isn't a hinge just the T part attached to the door with a bit (small tube) that sticks out with a hole through it to slot over the hook which would be attached to the supporting frame.

These blasted metric sizes - 100mm - balderdash I meant 1cm diameter

Yes I plan to visit a good old hardware shop at the weekend but thought there may be other avenues to explore

cheers

Sponsored Links
Thanks JohnD - I guess I should have taken a photo and posted it here and simply asked "what do you call these"

In fact that could be a whole DIYnot section!

Right the search is on!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back