how to patch small holes in breather membrane???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've got a few small holes in the membrane in my new roof (mainly caused by the roofers walking on the tiles and breaking them, thus puncturing the membrane).

I don't have any water coming in the holes, but just would like to know if there is an easy way to patch them up without stripping a large number of tiles and fitting a large peice of new membrane?

Cheers for any advice offered.

Sponsored Links
Do you mean patch it from the inside - or take a tile off and patch from the outside?

Also, what silone sealant would you recommend - just a generic all-purpose sealant? I assume that is should be an exterior sealant?

Also - got any ideas where to get some small scraps of membrane from - I don't want to buy a 75sqm roll?

Sponsored Links
They are not nail holes. they are about a forefinger's diameter. They are not tears (they are not in a line shape - they are basically round).

Nor should you, as it's not the primary function of the membrane to keep out rainwater - that's that the tiles are for

Yeah, I know, but in the case of tiles failing, I want to have the membrane that I paid for to keep out any water.
[/quote]

you can patch from inside. use everbuild - stixall or evostik - sticks like s**t.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back