INSULATION - ADVICE NEEDED

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughters room lies over our garage which is a straight through space that I have not been able to windproof. There is no insulation in her floor, and as a result her room is very cold.

I have been advised tyo use superquilt on the garage ceiling, and would like to knowe idf this really is the answer. can anyone advise me please?

Alternatives would be:

1. Use celotex, but how would I fix it to the garage ceiling?
2. Take the floor up in my daughters room, insulate the floor space, and re-lay the floor. But this will be very time consuming and perhaps just as expensive.

If I use either celotex or superquilt, should I cover them with more plaster board or a plastic sheet to provide another form of protection?

I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I had the same problem with my sons bedroom being over the garage. I took up the floor boards and put in a good 8 inches of insulation. I also added more insulation above his bedroom. I have to say it didn't make a great deal of difference and was still the coldest room in the house.

We converted the garage to a room two years ago and his room was transformed into a cosy corner.

Sponsored Links
:idea: How about a suspended insulation ceiling under the garage ceiling :?:

541.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back