Damp proofing a summerhouse

There are two keys, ventilation, but more importantly minimising conatct with the floor

how big is the summer house and what are you building it out of?

Sponsored Links
The summerhouse is roughly 10 ft x 10 ft with a 10 ft x 12 decking in front, to utilise the whole foundation left by the garage.

I am hoping to do it all in timber.

plain old bricks sat on the concrete at 2 ft centres felt on top for a vapour barrier then your floor joists at 2 ft centres

I suppose I'm just reluctant to do the bricks as I am not a confident brick layer.
Is it possible to get a bricklayer in :?: A morning work for me. If you do make so they are weep holes to allow for drainage.
What other options do I have?
Quite a few, this might be easier for you, slabs bedded onto the concrete base. I would also put dpc in between the timber and slab

media.php

Sponsored Links
Hi masona,

Thanks for the advice; this method look straight forward enough for me. Is is ok to use breeze blocks on their side instead of slabs?

Will roof felt on top these blocks act as a dpc?

Regards,
Justin

Is is ok to use breeze blocks on their side instead of slabs?
Providing it's non-porous as some of them are, check with the builder merchants, you can also use block pavings or engineer bricks
Will roof felt on top these blocks act as a dpc?
Yes, that's fine

i wished i could do drawing as good as yours masona :D :D
I didn't draw it, I nicked it :D An ex-copper can't arrest me can they?:cool:

Do you not know how to do it? I can show you, it's quite simple if you're interested

seriously tried "paint" far to difficult for this addled bwain

any help gratfully recived :rolleyes:

Many ways of getting pictures, go to www.google.co.uk and type in summerhouse as below

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=summerhouse&btnG=Google+Search&meta=

Then click onto Images on top left hand corner

Then click onto the picture,

If you want the picture bigger then click onto See full size image

then right click onto the picture and click onto Properties > copy & paste the URL address after you have highlight it, then back to your post and above you should see [ img ] which is above your post third from the right then click onto it which you should have this [ img ] then right click paste next to [ img ] <here, then again click onto [ img ] again which you should see [/img ]

eg: [img ]http://www.grassrootsmodern.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/_img_projects_8_summerhouse-01.jpg[ /img]

_img_projects_8_summerhouse-01.jpg

Most pictures have .jpg on the end of the URL address, if it doesn't then it might not work

Any problem give us a shout, more help here //www.diynot.com/forums/help.php?mode=bbcode

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back