Hotpoint Aquarius WF540 - not draining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Having trouble with my Hotpoint Aquarius WF540 washing machine.

The machine is not draining and lights 2 & 4 are flashing.

I've manually drained the machine and cleaned out the filter (a few buttons but nothing serious).

After reading rocks1 other excellent posts I checked the connections on the pressure switch and everything looks ok.

Any ideas what this error code means and what to do next?

All suggestions gratefully received...

Sponsored Links
hi buddy you called :LOL: have you checked the filter , it can be in two places remove kickstrip on the front is there a filter ,if no back of machine remove lower panel look inside and you will see a black cup looking thing remove big circlip and clean filter job done

also check pump next to the filter something jamming it

Thanks for the suggestions rocks1.

I've had the filter out but all I got for my troubles was a few buttons (no riches this time!).

The pump looks free of obstructions, popped it out and the inlet and outlet are both clear.

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to start swapping parts...

Sponsored Links
when you had the pump out flick the impeller round inside pump it should be free not stiff

Joy!

I wonder how many machines have been nearly killed by a hair clip?

Flicked the impeller around a few times and it all seemed happy....then a hair clip fell from the outlet, the back flow stop had been hiding the little bugger.

Rocks1, thanks for the help, I'm sure everyone who uses this site appreciates your advice.

nice one always check inside of the pump them little things get everywhere :LOL:

I am able to get the filter out.
How do you get the pump out? Where is it?

Thanks

The pump is attached to the back of the filter underneath the machine.

Tip the machine back against a wall or on some blocks and you can access it from the base.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back