EP2000 Replacement suggestions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well my 1974 Potterton EP2000 has died. Have tried resetting, bashing etc.,

So does anyone have any suggestions for new C/H H/W wireless timer with 24hr 3-4 programs a day.

Must be wireless as at present the controller is at the back of the airing cupboard and only my 12yr old can get to it with his hands, me I used a stick!!

Sponsored Links
Must be wireless as at present the controller is at the back of the airing cupboard
Move it??

Wireless controls which cover both heating and hot water are rare beasts at present and very expensive. Danfoss do one - it costs about £150.

A frequent solution is to install a wireless programmable thermostat for controlling the central heating - Honeywell CM921 or CM927 are very good. A single channel wired timer is used for controlling the Hot Water - this can be installed in the airing cupboard. The hot water times are usually set at installation and rarely changed; temporary changes can be made by the boost or override facility.

A CM927 will cost about £80 and a 24 hour timer about £30.

"Move it" yes I will be though that will require the brand new hot tank being taken out again Groan"

I have googled for the Danfoss Randall TP7000 and not found one yet but will keep on looking

"Move it" yes I will be though that will require the brand new hot tank being taken out again Groan"
Don't know how big your cupboard is, but I can't see why it should be necessary to remove the tank. Don't forget that the TP7000-RF is a combined programmer and thermostat. The user's control (transmitter) can be located in the living room and the receiver anywhere near the heating wiring centre (junction box). The existing programmer will be redundant, so it can be left in place, provided the wiring has been disconnected at the wiring centre.

I have googled for the Danfoss Randall TP7000 and not found one yet but will keep on looking
Try TP7000-RF

The TP7000-RF only controls the Central Heating. If you want to control both CH and HW using wireless, you will need a Danfoss Wireless Control Pack, which cost £150+.

The Honeywell CM927 is cheaper and better than the Danfoss.

As I said previously, a wireless stat for the hot water is not really necessary - a cheap single channel timer, with two on/off periods, boost and override is all that is necessary.

Sponsored Links
The reason for moving tank again is because the I had the Old very small tank removed and a larger one installed, only the plumber didn't move the controls and I never even thought about it until it died.

But having now understood your solution, that sounds first rate and would save moving the tank.

Many thanks
Dave

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back