Digistat Optimiser problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a Worcester Bosch with a Digistat Optimiser, had it for 6-7 years.

Recently it developed a fault where the signal wasn't reaching the boiler.

It's not the batteries in the transmitter - they were replaced not long ago, and there was no low battery warning on the display. And anyway I replaced them again JIC....

It's as if the transmitter has suddenly got less powerful, or the receiver less sensitive, but I've not inadvertently bathed either one in acid, or hit them with a hammer, nor have I built any metal walls etc. Everything still works 100% fine, but I've had to move the transmitter close to the boiler, which is a right PITA.

Any thoughts on what could be wrong? Anybody ever encountered this?

Sponsored Links
Not to sound daft, but ya aint removed it, or got anything like a mirro or big kitchen appliance between stat and reciever have you?

Nope - absolutely nothing has changed - the thing is (well, was) where it had been for years, no new or moved appliances, just one morning woke up and thought "**** me it's cold", found the red signal light on boiler permanently on...

Drayton wireless controls are amongst the most unreliable you can buy.

Yours is a Drayton with Bosch printed on it.

Sponsored Links
That age isnt suprising its gone tits up.
Need to get a new one unfortunately :cry:

*%$+&!!!

Just seemed odd that it would go wrong in this way - if it had just packed up that would sort of make more sense...

:evil: :evil: :evil:

I like the honeywell ones - so damn easy to use and prog in lol

Yeah, but unless I want an external receiver unit next to the boiler, I'm stuck with the Drayton....

I like the honeywell ones - so damn easy to use and prog in lol

dont even go there, :evil:

biggest pile of phoo ever created.

imx and vanguards are my pet hates :evil:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back