Two gang switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all, I recently changed a two gang switch wich controls my hall and landing lights, I think I've wired it incorrectly as the upstairs switch doesn't now work, I think I have the yellow wire in the wrong terminal where should it be?? Thanks folks. :oops:

Sponsored Links
Ummmm.......

If you really think you have "the yellow wire in the wrong terminal" I really don't think you should be attempting to change a plug fuse, let alone re-wire a light switch....

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but the yellow wire you mention will be the earth, and if you really can't determine which of the terminals it connects to then you'd better turn everything off and call an electrician........ NOW !!!

ummmm durrr! Actualy mate the earth is yellow and green!!!! The switch wire is yellow OK!

Is the cable three wires coloured red, yellow and blue, plus a bare one with either green or yellow and green sleeving? if so this is two-way switching. Exactly which colour goes where depends on how the other end is wired also. See sticky posts at top for diagrams of how to wire switches, or please give more info about how the other switch doing the same lights is wired, or if it is just one switch, details of that.

Sponsored Links
Thanks V Much, i'll have a look at the other switch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back