UPVC Sliding Pation door lock mechanism (bottom of door)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a UPVC conservatory that runs the whole width of the back of my house and hence is the only exit there. The door works OK (needs oiling sometimes) but the lock where the door clips into at the bottom of the door and then acts as the full lock has broken. The door still closes and I have one of the portable door locks for security, but I would like to replace this. The conservatory is about 14-15 years old and the company I purchased it from has gone out of business. I know it was a german make but that is all that I can remember.....can anyone help. I will take a photo if that will help.

Sponsored Links
when you say lock at the bottom are you refereing to a foot operated device to release the sash. if you are its whats known as an infront slider do take a picture and ill see if i can identify type and make and possible source.

Thanks for your response. I have have a photo available to attached but am having difficulty launching the image. This is the link.......so hope I have done this correctly.

//www.diynot.com/network/Gail10/albums/

If anyone has any idea where I can purchase a similar item that would be great.....

Sponsored Links
Thanks for coming back to me - when I click on the link in my email it does come up with the image......not sure what to do now.

g

try uploading again checking the box allow other to view is ticked i think thats it

failing that if you post in the computer area some one should know how to do it .

give me any thing but computers :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back