BP2000 built in Potterton programmer on Suprima 120!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Please could someone help!
I have installed a new fan, a new circuit board and I am exasperated!!!
The boiler in question is a Suprima standard efficiency 120 with a Potterton BP2000 built in programmer.. Does anyone have a wiring circuit for this programmer & boiler combination?
I have the live and neutral on the new pcb and the orange wire (from prog) onto the CH out as it was before. The purple (from prog) goes to DHW out and yellow (from prog) goes to DHW off out.. As it was.. Problem is in this set up the boiler keeps blowing its on board fuses!! If you take the live/neutral lead off the boiler mains stays on, no fuses blow but obviously without a prog it wont run! I tried disconnecting the purple & yellow wires and then the boiler fired, all seemed normal till the board started to smoke!! I pulled the fuse in time but am wary to retry it until I have some clue as to what is wrong!!!!!??????
Any body please???
Thanks
Jelboy

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the useless answer - it doesn't show the programmer wiring otherwise don't you think I might have seen it?

Sponsored Links
Check you have connected the live and neutral on J4 the right way round?
Brown out?

Recheck your wiring and recheck your wiring.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back