loft condensation due to pvc fascia?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there
I have just read the post about condensation in lofts but would like to ask if anyone has any experience of pvc replacement fascia causing condensation? We have lived here for 10 years and have never had any probs with condensation in attic but we got the fascia replaced with pvc this summer and when we went to get the xmas decorations the place was really really wet. I did see a post from 2004 on scoobynet or something and the guy suggested that a novice builder could have covered the eaves ventilation when replacing the fascia. I am a complete novice here, have no idea if eave ventilation is a special thingy in the attic or just space left where the eaves meet - don't! - I would like to at least appear to know what I am talking about if I have to get the guy who did the fascia back to fix this. Can anyone help please!
Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you had vents in the existing soffit and the replacement upvc soffit has none then that would cause you to get condensation.

the ventilation would have to be re-established.

hi again
Thanks for your reply. In your opinion, would it be the job of the person who was replacing the fascia to ascertain if there was existing ventilation and to ensure the pvc was properly ventilated? Can I go back to the workman and ask that he fix this?
And, would it be a big ie expensive job to reventilate? oh yes, is this something I could check?
Really appreciate you taking the time to answer,
thanks!

would do no harm asking the company who done your installation to check if they have covered over existing vents.
either way it is relatively easy to reinstall new vents if need be.

Sponsored Links
thank you for that quick reply! So I'm asking for soffit or eave ventilation to be checked?

yes kinder,
you will have to tell them to reinstate any ventilation which was originally there.
or deal with it yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back