Stench Pipe legal requirement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I recently fitted a cloakroom suite upstairs and connected the waste to the stench pipe. After noticing water leaking from the joint outside I soon discovered the entire pipe was blocked. Nice! Anyway after cutting the stench pipe out to the collar and digging up the concrete I saw that the pipe to the drain was broke and everything was simply soaking into the ground and of course filling up the pipe! My house was extended at the back in 2005 (before we moved in) and it would seem that the inspection cover has been moved from it's original location and the builders had not reconnected the stench pipe to the drain. So my question is this. Should they have done this and is their any recourse to get it put right! Or, is this something I've now got to do?

Cheers, Glenn

Sponsored Links
So my question is this. Should they have done this
No.
and is their any recourse to get it put right!
You can try but probably not. Do you know if any LABC inspections were carried out on the new work, sounds unlikely! Incidentally, your new cloakroom suit is also notifyable, should conform to Building regs & should have been inspected by your LABC.
Or,is this something I've now got to do?
Unfortunately & probably yes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back