Polycarbonate roof wind damage.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 10' x 6' polycarbonate roof, two sheets of which blew off today as the door to the greenhouse was left open. One of the glazing bars came adrift and so allowed the sheets either side to take flight.

To get the bar refixed I think I need to remove the push in (well, hammered really) cover strips from the channel in the bar. Does anyone know a method that will not destroy the bar or cover strip?

Sponsored Links
These can be levered from the [eaves] end, and they pop out with no damage

Thanks for that. Roof removed and refitted (with extra fixings). :D

Sponsored Links
When we were fixing a polycarb conservatory roof down a few years back, the biggest difficulty we encountered was ensuring the hidden lip of the bead was seated correctly in its groove on the frame, and not resting in the groove between the poly sheet and the frame itself.. It should be fairly obvious if they're misaligned as the sheet and bead will be looser/flex more than it should

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back