Where can I find a 11.5 inch sleeved letter plate ????????

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What started as anoyance has now become a silly problem. It is only a broken spring on the external flap but when the wind blows it makes a horrible noise.
About 7 years ago I had a composite front door fitted steel panels with a central core. This was fitted with an 11.5 inch sleeved letter plate with a 255cmX38cm aperture, two fixing bolts with centres 275mm apart.
I do not want to try and enlarge the hole in the door but would like to find a bolt in replacement. I contacted the original supplier who said they do not make them any more. I am told originally made by "Paladin" who I can not find. Screwfix seemed to have one but not available and do not know when / if there will be any more.

Please help, thank you in anticipation,
Bob :(

Sponsored Links
breezer,
good idea I wanted to do that but unfortunatly the spring is wound on a rod which although looks like an interference fit in the frame will not come out to alow me to remove the spring which will also have to have ends of the right length to fit into the frame which I can not measure without removing it, even if I could get the rod out it would be pot luck if a new one fitted.
Regards
Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back