The dreaded ISAR HE24!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had problems with this for 2 months now, first no power so had the PCB replaced, then had to have the DHW thermsistor replaced and now its making all sorts of strange internal exploding noises and the pressure gauge does not go above 1.5 bar when the heating turns on it just goes mental. Everything fires up then for a few mins then off and this repeats 4 times.

I have also bled the radiators and refilled etc.

My engineer has given up on me and told me to call Ideal, as this has already cost me a few hundred quid. Any suggestions before doing this are most welcome.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Speaking from personal experience my advice would be not to call Ideal.

In the long run it may be better to fit a new boiler.

Sorry - not the helpful response you were hoping for.

Sponsored Links
There is no fault code flashing and it does sound more like a blockage. I have just bled the radiators again so the pressure gauge was on 0 and then refilled it to 1 bar and re started the boiler. The noise wasn't so bad but still pretty loud. I don't know whether to completely empty the radiators of water and then refill being a novice I don't want to do this if your not supposed to.

Would it have anything to do with the diverter valve at all?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back