New Vaillant condensing combi 824 E/2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just installed it with a corgi engineer. He put the gas line to it in 15mm as this was the size of the tail supplied. Is this large enough? I queried him and he wasn\\\'t too sure. It runs at 22mm then into 15mm for the last 2metres.

Sponsored Links
You surely have the Benchmark Certificate completed by him? Do you have any reason to mistrust him? If not, why didn't you ask him directly so that he could tell you himself? Perhaps you are too shy or scared to ask, but personally I'd hate to find myself being 'checked up on' without being spoken too first. Not nice.

Sorry Lewy I think I missed your point- you did query it at the time?
You sure he was corgi? That's a very basic but very important thing to not be sure of!

Sponsored Links
i asked him and he is corgi registered and he signed all the correct logbook stuff you get with the boiler, i don't mistrust him but he made some mistakes when putting in the overpressure line and when filling the central heating loop, forgot about it and it went to 3 bar and water went everywhere and then had to drain the lot down again. He seemed very blasa about the gas line when i said is it big enough he just said it should be? Also i queried about the cold feed to the boiler as it is the last in the system after the washing machine, dishwasher, 3 taps then the boiler, i thought it should be the first? :confused:

He will have checked the inlet pressure, burner pressure and gas rate which would answer the pipe size question.
Forgetting to shut off the loop can happen to anyone- why water everywhere though?
As for the cold feed- shouldn't matter as long as you've got enough volume and pressure in the first place.

Oh- and I hope he drained it at least twice in all, one being when it was hot.

Indeed. Worked on a diy job a few weeks ago where the guy just hadn't bothered (was going to look at it sometime!). The boiler was in the hall way downstairs next to the coat rack with the PRV a perfect kiddie height. Fill loop (of sorts) was in the loft. Inlet pressure was 14mb. Power supply clipped to gas pipe. KIn awful but hey- he'd probably argue 'competence' on here!!!!! Unfortunately for him I popped in to see a builder mate who was working there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back