baxi bahama power flush

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi
boiler has needed the flame failure reset every 3-4 hours for the past few weeks .
the boiler has an breakdown cover policy so called agents to get looked at.

bg engineer arrived changed a flow valve and mentioned system needed power flush as black sludge evident in system .

engineer left , and next couple of days fault re- occured as before so contacted policy agents ,

policy agents phoned me to say that engineers unable to come back out until boiler has been flushed as breakdown cover policy does no cover faults caused by sludge in system.

my question - would this cause system to fail and cause said fault .
as they have me by the goolies really .

don't want to spend 400 quid and still have same problem.

Sponsored Links
New gas valve normally sorts this problem.

Powerflush?

don't want to spend 400 quid and still have same problem.

Ask them, if they'll reimburse you if the fault is not rectified.

just seems that there trying to fob me off . but looks like i'm going to have to get it done just to keep in with terms of contract otherwise they wont come out again , or if they do come out and system still sludged up will have to pay full cost of repair to them.

boiler was serviced mid december

but definitly worth trying to get rembursed
if fault still there after done.

dave

Sponsored Links
I know where you are coming from, we look after all Homeserve stuff up here in SE Scotland and we are asked to to notify if systems are totally gunged up and rightly so in most cases .
I tend to only report the real basket cases as the soft water up here means it isnt too aggressive on systems and if radiators get there eventually thats okay in my book. Usually a wee word to get some sort of cleanser through it or even powerflush does the trick and leaves folk with a happier outlook on the situation
Have to agree though a lockout on a Bahama doesnt really have anything to do with flow, gas valves and PCBs usually . Flow switches are old failings on them along with thermistors and diverters.......... so if the heating works well normally give them a phone.

thanks kris
Heating and hot water working fine other than boiler tripping out
TBH did'nt look that gunged up to me , just black sediment , boiler is about 12 years old and flow valves replaced half dozen times for one thing or another.

think just a baxi thing .

dave

TBH did'nt look that gunged up to me , just black sediment , boiler is about 12 years old and flow valves replaced half dozen times for one thing or another.

dave

6 flowswitches not a hint then?

dave

6 flowswitches not a hint then
?

6 flow switches 2x pcb , 2 gas valves plus many othe faults , hours spent on phone to baxi customer services.

HINT:

Never buy a baxi again , or anything else made in italy that requires reliability . unless of course it's a shiny red sports car. :D

6 flowswitches not a hint then?

you need to work on these boilers more! Blaming rubbish design on a dirty system is common practice for manufacturers. Don't get me wrong, a dirty system will increase the regularity of the fault, but these valves are frankly awful design!

never changed that many switches but worked on plenty of these thanks :LOL: . mostly need the seals maintaing and the hex being kept clean. of course thats an ass to do, but needs must.

never changed that many switches but worked on plenty of these thanks :LOL: . mostly need the seals maintaing and the hex being kept clean. of course thats an ass to do, but needs must.

maybe you wasn't working on them when they first come out and they did at least 3 modifications to said switches!
I'm surprised you would keep a heat exchanger clean working for British Gas. Nothing against you personally, but I don't know any BG engineers who will strip a boiler if it gives a satisfactory FGA result.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back