Conversion of Shed to Workshop Pics

Sponsored Links
making shed into a workshop,
I fail to see where you are comming from steve,when you say down with
pointless signatures,I thought it would be helpful to other people,who might be wanting to do something like the project im doing at the moment.

making shed into a workshop,
I fail to see where you are comming from steve,when you say down with
pointless signatures,I thought it would be helpful to other people,who might be wanting to do something like the project im doing at the moment.

"down with pointless signatures" is my signature. It appears on every post I make on the forum. Its ironic. However, I am considering changing it.

We all enjoy seeing DIYers photos, after all they say a picture paints 1000 words. You seem to be making a good effort with your conversion. Any more pictures coming?

Look, there it is again \/ \/ \/

Sponsored Links
sorry steve,I read into your post wrongly im sorry,I never thought,yes steve I will post the finnished project soon :D

Tidy work there Tom.

I will be doing something similar to my shed in next couple of weeks.

Is that T&G your using inside ??

What sort of price and where if you dont mind me asking ??

Thanks

Kris

tom,
nice progress os far mate. What size shed is it?
Its given me an idea to do the same with my 10' x 8', but it has a kind of horizontal strut/joist across the 'A' of the roof, impeding space.
i wonder if insulating and reinforcing with cladding will strengthen it enoug to remove it.
Any thoughts?

Also, as asked, how much is it costing to insulate and T&G it all?

nice one :)

Where are you lights and plug sockets for the workshop and how are you feeding electric?

nice job tomhag ;)

normaly you need an air gap and ventilation of around 1" between your outer wall and your builders membrain that allows damp to escape and evaporate
now in your case you are completly removing ventilation and the ability for moisture to escape so may i suggest you keep on top off your treating the outside to stop any leaks as any moisture that can't escape will probably turn to black mould or if greater amounts could cause rot

DO NOT remove the horizontal struts[bottom leg of the "A"frame] or your roof will sag and your walls will spread

i like the look of txg cladding but would suggest 12mm ply for walls as you hang virtualy anything from it without the need for battons or further support

Where are you lights and plug sockets for the workshop and how are you feeding electric?
whoops, er ahm hmmm (scratch head) ah well back to the drawing board. well the woodwork looks nice anyway, we cant get it 100% the first time:cool:

If it was a shed been converted the original wall would have been shiplap, wouldnt it?
This means that it isnt airtight

'm with big-all on this, where is the ventilation? I would hazzard a guess that you're gonna get damp problems with this.

because the insulation is packed in tight with no space for air flow = potential for damp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back