Pump assisted showers with or without combi boilers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

About to embark on bathroom upgrade and replace conventional boiler with condensor combi at the same time.

I just need to be clear about the different shower arrangements (not electric-that's out of the equation).

Gist is that we will be replacing 9.5KW Gainsboro with a shower supplied by the combi. The bloke who will do the job said it should provide a very decent shower etc etc. It's just that my in laws have a combi and also have a pull cord switch to start the pump to assist their shower (not electric) and they obviously needed that even with a combi. I should have said that we both live in bog standard 3 bed semis etc.

I know there are:

Gravity mixer
Power (with pump)
Power (with separate pump)
etc

Your views and experience would be appreciated.

Thanks

L

Sponsored Links
combi will give better shower than electric one.
your inlaws had a cowboy do the work if there is a pump on the combi fed shower

Since you're not meant to stick a pump on to improve mains pressure, your inlaws have a very questionable system.

Water will come out of your taps (hot and cold) and hence shower at mains pressure - if this is good enough then you'll get a good shower. Since you already have an electric shower that doesn't keep cutting out due to low pressure, then you are probably going to be fine. Hopefully the installers will have tested the mains anyway and given you correct advice.

As stated above, a combi system cannot have any form of pumped shower :rolleyes:

If pressure is low, then the only way to improve it is to install an accumulator on the incoming cold mains supply ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back