S Plan water hammer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a system fit Mega Flo cylinder which when only the DHW is ON (CH OFF) it whins and hammers. It seems to be the CH zone valve, as when moved to manual (open valve) it stops the noise.
Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
sounds like the valves not opening on its own only by you opening it.
check the motor in the actuator.

zone valve fitted the wrong way around? flow should enter on A side and exit on B.

Is the system bypass set correctly?

Try it set to about 3.5 as a general setting.

Sponsored Links
Is the system bypass set correctly?

Try it set to about 3.5 as a general setting.

Could not work out adjustment method, tried twisting but not difference on dial. Should it always have some let-by?

i shoudlnt think so... should only open when the motorised valves shut and pump is on overrun.

i shoudlnt think so... should only open when the motorised valves shut and pump is on overrun.

At what pressure do by-pass valves start to open, if hot pressure in system is 2 bar?? Its in increments of a bar of course.

Some auto bypass valves have a screw in the centre of the cap that has to be loosened before adjustment can take place.

You are supposed to turn on the ch only, close all trv's, then adjust the abv until you feel the water pass through, then turn it back 1/2 a notch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back