my valley roof - have they done it wrong?

The fact that he came back at all to re-do the work shows that he cares about his standards - an increasingly rare quality.

I don't think so... if he cared so much...

1. he would have replied to one of the 20 or so messages I left on his phone over 4 months.

2. he would have replied to one of the 3 letters I sent him (by post, recorded delivery and by hand).

3. he would have contacted me and arranged a time to come and fix it, rather than just sending round couple of his boys who had no work that day, to knock on the door (luckily I was in)

4. he would have done something before I had to inform him that I had sought legal advice.

I assume that he only joined the new render to old - that is standard practice and a crack will sometimes occur at the join, the only sure way to avoid a problem is to render the whole wall - but it is not reasonable to expect him to do that unless you specifically ask him and he prices accordingly.

The thing is, I don't take any chances and I asked him specifically if joining the new render to the old would be alright - and he assured me it was. So how was I to know any better at the time. If he said it all needed to be done, I would have given him the goahead.

I'm sure he does take pride in his work - but only if he hasn't got something more important to do for a bigger client who has the power to make him do his best.

I did my best to be polite and to gave him the benefit of the doubt for ages.

I'm not a pain in the a*se client - I'm just someone who doesn't like being taken for an idiot.

Sponsored Links
If it was your house, would you do it like that? Honestly?
Yes - honestly, I would be happy with that if it had been done by someone else and would not ask them to change it. But even more honestly if I had done it myself I would not have a sag in the underlay.
That's either *******s or you've got **** standards yourself, which would explain your initial answers

Sponsored Links
Yup.

I think I'll leave my next topic another day to let things settle down a bit.

This forum sure is interesting though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back