BAXI COMBI INSTANT 105E

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help - I have a problem with dhw but I can't seem to drain the system to be able to take a look at the diaphragms etc, i have switched off the mains water and power, I only get about a pint of water from the drainining point on the boiler - any ideas?

Sponsored Links
are trying to drain the domestic or heating

Hi Mick,

I need to be able to check the condition of the diaphragms, usually i just slip a pipe onto the outlet tap and the boiler drains, I don't need to drain the radiators, just the boiler, to remove the pressure from the diaphragm housings so that I can unscrew them without water pouring out.
I get a pint or so and then the water stops draining. We get very little limescale here so i don't think that is a problem, the water that does drain is very clear and does not suggest that there is a problem with dirt etc.

1. Turn off the mains water inlet tap and drain the domestic hot water by turning on a hot tap.

2. Prise off the spring clip retaining the microswitch. Pull the switch away.

3. Undo the sensing pipe nut from the valve and slacken the nut at the inlet manifold. Ease the pipe away from the valve.

4. Undo the screws securing the differential valve cover.

5. Carefully draw off the cover and remove the diaphragm, noting the orientation.

6. Fit the new diaphragm and reassemble in reverse order.

Sponsored Links
the domestic one easy the haeting one good luck.ps look at how much a pcb is ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back