combi fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have an ariston 23 mffi, when the central heating is on it keeps shutting
then firing up, sometimes it shuts down before the burners come- sometimes it fires up for a few seconds then shuts down. there arent any alarm lights coming on & the rads arent getting hot. has anyone any idea what the problem could be.

Sponsored Links
its an ariston. really.

the last two of these had this fault. i could not solve it . ariston coulod not solve it. both customers now have new boilers.

It could be the PCB or a few other things.

I am surprised that Gasvinder, backed up by BG stores, could not solve it.

Tony

Hi you will need someone registered to do this job but we have had this problem and it turned out to be the air pressure switch.

Sponsored Links
It could be the PCB or a few other things.

I am surprised that Gasvinder, backed up by BG stores, could not solve it.

Tony

dontcha think i tried that approach as well. pcb's flowswitches sensors took the flue apart and reassembled gas valve fan . man it was triggers broom and still no worky. 2 of em in a week.

I am still surprised you didnt get it going.

So far I have never failed to get one fixed when its not working. But as an independent I do have the advantage that I can spend as long as it takes.

There are two tricks which I have learnt the hard way! One is to measure the continuity ( that is with a meter which will indicate a resistance of a few ohms! ) of all the boiler wiring and the switches or o/h stats. Another is to closely inspect the pins in all the plugs.

Intermittent faults of course are more difficult and being human without changing lots of parts are very difficult to find. I can get over this problem for an owner occupier by fitting replacement parts on a trial basis. I cannot do that for a landlord because as soon as I had fixed it I would not be paid for the part.

Tony

tbh i was surprised too. those 2 aristons are the only boilers that have ever defeated me. i and my technician (a good one :) )replaced every damn part on them. the ariston guys were no help at all. in the end i had no option but to tell the cons to try private firms and then, if no luck, go for new boilers. both customers rang me to let me know new boilers had gone in.

ive had boilers that ive struggled with in the past but have allways managed a fix, even if i have had to resort to the 'boiler in bag' method, but its not that often.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back