Who makes Parkside Tools from Lidl,

OK, thanks again for the help. I will check out that website to see if I can track a battery down.

Sponsored Links
i have been buying parkside tools for years and never had any problems with any of them i think they are every bit as good as my other makes of tools such as worx,dewalt,bosch,hitachi,makita and panasonic..

Just bought a Parkside belt sander for £25 - the identical Bosch is £70.

I wonder why tool hire companies haven't cottoned on to these cheap equivalents?

Must be the branding.

Yeah thats it the branding.

Joey, you have not got a clue. Parkside my arse! :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I bought a Parkside soldering gun, a pistol type similar to a Weller where you hold a trigger for about 10 seconds, some years back. When the tip got hot enough, it actually would catch fire when solder was applied to it! Totally useless for soldering. I use a Weller at work and it is well worth the extra cost.

Hi,
I purchased the Parkside rotary hobby tool (dremel type) about 5 years ago I used it recently for the first time. After some 25 minutes of intermittant use firstly I noticed the spindle of the attachment was slipping in the collet, i can only assume the metal of both is not very hard. The other problem was that the tool stopped working. After checking the power supply and identifying the rotary part the tool was at fault, I opened the part, I saw the power transistor TIP122.

I bought a new TIP122, available from RS, Rapidonline and many others. I paid 57pence from the expensive outlet RS. This cheap fix solved the problem.. It now works again. Upon removal of thold transistor one of the legs fell off literally.

Hope this helps someone.

i bought a parkside table saw 10" about 2 years ago i use it a lot in my wee workshop and its a great bit of kit i have a lot of tools made by parkside and are all great, i think they are every bit as good as my other tools with makes such as bosch,hitachi,worx,makita,panasonic....
(althrough i have heard that its hard to get parts for parkside tools,but ive never had to get any parts for mine(yet) but if i need to ill try the shop i bought the tool in and ask them and go from their about geting parts).

I wonder why tool hire companies haven't cottoned on to these cheap equivalents?

Must be the branding.

Yeah thats it the branding.
So the lack of 110 volt or spares backup aren't issues for hire shops, then? Hmmm...... Think I'll stick with Makita, blue Bosch, Hilti, Metabo, Festol, deWalt, etc, etc all the same. You can get parts for them...... Well, most of the time :rolleyes:

Anyone bought the Parkside 18V drill with Li-ion battery Lidl is selling for £59.99?

Parkside tools supplied , and presumably made by, Kompernas gmbh. But you canv go to www.kompernas.com and scan the lists They do much more than Parkside. You'd be surprised. ther is a quries and contact sevice .Hope this helps put his question to bed.The higher priced versions areI have found good enough for pro. use. To the guy who throws the tols away after a job. Why not use them till they break then throw them . Or repair them it's not too hard. Alternatively throw them in my directoin. I'll bet you don't ha ha! Anyway god luck folks.

Notice the thread is old but figure should post this just in case someone else needs the info.

As the previous posters said some of the lidl parkside tools are from the manufacturer/importer they mention however there are other suppliers for other bits of kit.

One of those is Einhell who have a UK website which you can get spares from. Just look under the parkside or whichever brand label.

Of interest to others may be the fact that Einhell also supply some of the argos Challange Extreme kit and the Homebase Powerbase Extreme kit.

The company that supplies them to Lidl is Kompernaß but this doesn't answer your question about who makes them. Presumably, they are made in factories in China which also make products with well-known brand names. If they share designs or components with the major brands I suppose those major tool companies take all kinds of measures to make sure we can't find those things out.

But if anyone has better information, I'd be curious to know. I'm glad you find Parkside OK. I've always been a bit dubious, but perhaps I'm wrong to be.

look at this
http://www.cdrex.com/parkside-tool-and-die-co-limited-6065813.html

The company that supplies them to Lidl is Kompernaß but this doesn't answer your question about who makes them. Presumably, they are made in factories in China which also make products with well-known brand names. If they share designs or components with the major brands I suppose those major tool companies take all kinds of measures to make sure we can't find those things out.

But if anyone has better information, I'd be curious to know. I'm glad you find Parkside OK. I've always been a bit dubious, but perhaps I'm wrong to be.

look at this
http://www.cdrex.com/parkside-tool-and-die-co-limited-6065813.html[/QUOTE]

not the same company as the tools are specially made for lidl
there head off is in wimbledon so probably name after the near by park or the "parkside " road

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back